TNPSC Syllabus PDF 2019-20 – Exam Pattern Download: Guys there are vacant jobs in the TNPSC department. The post are related to various field such as technical, financial and any more. We are here providing you the direct link to download or to check the syllabus for the various post which are vacant. The TNPSC is a government department of the Tamil Nadu State and it is responsible for conducting various exam for the several department and ministries which are vacant in the department. The syllabus is different for each post only the starting phase of the exam is same. Check the syllabus for the exam in the article given below.
TNPSC Syllabus for Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
There are various Group in the TNPSC Group 1 to 4. We are here providing you the syllabus for each and every group. And along with it you all will get various details like exam pattern and various other things too. Check the syllabus below:
Exam Pattern for TNPSC
- All the question in the exam will be in Objective type format.
- Here will be 3 parts in the exam General Aptitude, General Studies and General English and Tamil.
- The marks for General Studies is 75 marks, Aptitude for 25 marks and Language test is for 100 marks.
- There will be 200 questions with 3 hours of time.
- Candidates must have 90 marks.
- There will be 2 exams.
- In first exam, General Studies and Aptitude and Mental Ability Test will be conducted.
- Except General Tamil and English all the exam will be in both English and Tamil.
TNPSC Exam Syllabus for VAO Civil Engineering Combined Engineering Services
The syllabus for the General English will be set in both the languages and the difficulty will be set according to the question of 10th Standard.
This paper has 4 subject in it. These 4 subject are Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
- General Scientific laws
- Inventions and discoveries
- National scientific laboratories
- Mechanics and properties of matter
- Physical quantities, standards and units
- Force, motion and energy
- Magnetism, electricity and electronics
- Heat, light and sound.
- Elements and Compounds
- Acids, bases and salts
- Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides
- Main Concepts of life science
- Classification of living organism
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Blood and blood circulation
- Reproductive system
- Environment, ecology, health and hygiene
- Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases
- Prevention and remedies
- Animals, plants and human life.
- Latest diary of events-national
- National symbols
- Profile of States Eminent persons & places in news-
- Sports & games
- Books & authors
- Awards & honors
- General Knowledge of Tamil Nadu Culture.
- Problems in conduct of public elections
- Political parties and political system in India
- Public awareness & General administration
- Welfare oriented govt. schemes
Geography, Economics & Science: Latest Course related to the Syllabus of 10th.
Aptitude & Mental Ability Test
- Conversation of information to data collection
- Compilation and presentation of data
- Tables, graphs, diagrams
- Analytical interpretation of data
- Highest Common Factor (HCF)
- Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple interest
- Compound interest
- Area & Volume
- Time and work
- Logical Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning
- Alpha numeric Reasoning
- Number Series.
- Match the following words and Phrases
- Prefix and Suffix
- Active and Passive Voice
- Find the Error
- Select the sentence
- Identify the Correct Plural Form
- Questions on the Biography of Mahatma Gandhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Subash Chandra Bose
- Helen Keller
- Kalpana Chawala
- Salim Ali
- Rani of Jhansi
- Nelson Mandela
- Abraham Lincoln
- Questions on Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant etc.
TNPSC Books for Combined Civil Service Exam
Aptitude Mental Ability
- A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning.
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Agarwal.
- Objective Arithmetic – R. S. Agarwal.
- SLC Standard Books of 6th to 10th Samacheer Kalvi Books.
- 11th, 12th Books of Tamil nadu State Board
- Current issues: The Hindu, Dinamani News Papers.
- Competitive Success Review/Civil Service Chronicle/ Competition Wizard, Any Monthly Current Affairs Magazine, Shankar IAS Acadamy’s Civilpedia Magazines, Front line Magazine.
- Socio-Economic issues India or Tamil Nadu State: Yojana/Thittam, Social Problems in India by RAM AHUJA.
- State Level Editorials
- Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu. M Laxmikanth Books.
- 6th to 10th standard Civics Portion of Tamil nadu State Board Books.
- 11th, 12th Polity books.
Science & Technology
- Role and impact of science and Technology in the Development of India and Tamil Nadu – Tata McGraw Hill books by Ashok Kumar Singh.
Hope that the information shared here is very useful for you. If you find this information useful than share it on the social media profile. And for further queries comment in the comment box.