TNPSC Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit & Education Qualification: Guys, India is a vast country composed of 28 States and 7 Union Territories. Here there are many department and ministries where the recruitment takes place at a very large scale every year. Every state in India has its own Public Service Commission office to work go smoothly. The job opportunities are increasing at a rapid speed in the government sector as the work load is increasing Every year more and more people are applying for the exam to join the government sector There are many posts in the company regarding to every sector either financial or technical. Today, we are here providing you the information regarding to the eligibility criteria of the recruitment in the TNPSC (Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission). Check the eligibility criteria in the article below:
TNPSC Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit & Education Qualification
Before you apply for any of the exam in TNPSC you must know the certain various things like eligibility criteria for the job. There are various job in the department and every job require certain different specification but most of them are same. We are here providing you the qualification of the different group in the article below.
- First thing is that the person should have a 10th, 10+2, UG and PG passing certificate.
- Of you are completing your graduation then you must complete it before applying.
- Candidate must have the adequate knowledge of Tamil.
- You must have a graduation degree for every post, without it you can not apply. Must check the respective post you are applying.
Age Limit for TNPSC
As the posts are different the age limit will also be different. Check the various age limit in the table
|Post Name||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|For all posts [Except PO, Jr. Employment Officer (Non- Differently Abled), and Deputy Commercial Tax Officer]||18 years||Maximum Age is 30 years for General but no maximum age for other categories|
|Sub-Registrar Grade- II||20 years||Maximum Age is 30 years for General but no maximum age for other categories|
|Probation Officer||22 years||Maximum Age is 30 years for General but no maximum age for other categories|
|Junior Employment Officer||18 years||Maximum Age is 40 years for General but no maximum age for other categories|
|Deputy Commercial Tax Officer||30 years||Below 35 years (For the person holding a degree in Law 37 years)|
Note: The minimum relaxation given to any of the person to 5 years to various categories like SC, ST, OBC, Destitute Widows.
TNPSC Physical Eligibility Criteria – Height, Weight, Chest
- Minimum Height: 165 cm
- Chest: 86 cm
- Chest Expansion 5 cm
District Officer (Fire & Rescue)
- Minimum Height – 165 cm
- Minimum Weight – 50 kg
- Minimum Chest (Full Inspiration) – 89 cm
- Minimum Chest (Normal) – 84 cm
- Minimum Chest Expansion – 5 cm
Minimum height: 155 cm
TNPSC Exam Pattern
There are 4 Groups in TNPSC. And each group have different pattern,. Check the exam pattern given below
Exam pattern for Group 1
- The exam for Group 1 is divided in two parts. Preliminary and Mains
- The Preliminary Exam will consist of 200 question and each question is objective type and duration for it will be 3 hours.
- The total marks the paper is 300 marks.
- The second part of exam is Main Exam and it is conducted after the result of preliminary and the candidates those who cleared this exam are allowed to give this exam.
- There will be 3 parts in Mains Exam Paper 1,2,& 3 and marks for them will be 300 each.
- After the main exam you will have Interview.
Exam pattern for Group 2
- The exam will have two subjects and Papers.
- The first exam will be of General Studies having 75 questions and each question 2 marks.
- The second exam will be of Mental Maths which will have 25 question (2 marks each).
- The next part will be General English 7 Tamil and it will have 100 questions (1 marks each).
- The questions on General Studies will be set both in English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil/ General English will be set in the respective languages.
- The exam will have negative marking too.
Exam pattern for Group 2
- The first exam will be of General Studies of High School level for this you will have 75 questions and the other part will be Aptitude Test with 25 questions and General English consist of 100 Questions
- Another part of the exam is General Tamil (100 items).
- The question will be set in both the languages English and Tamil. Only the exam of Tamil will be in Tamil.
Note : The exam will be conducted in OMR sheet so carefully fill it. Any question marked with two answer will be treated as wrong.
Hope that the information shared here is very useful for you. If you find this information useful than share it on the social media profile. And for further queries comment in the comment box.