Merchant Navy Syllabus PDF – Download Exam Pattern 2019-20: Guy, the merchant navy is the safest option for the student after their schooling and graduation. Merchant Navy is a dream job because you get to roam around the world and you get lot of perks and incentives and a good salary. Once you get selected for the Merchant Navy you need to work for 6 months or till the expedition goes and rest of the year you will get leave. Merchant Navy involves the duty like surfing the ocean, monitoring the ships fleet and transport heavy goods from one place to another from country to country. Merchant navy Plays a important role in the exports of goods and all the transport from the ships only.
Merchant Navy is one of the most lucrative job and these jobs can be enjoyed through different courses depending on the preferences of the candidates. There are various post in the Merchant Navy and as posts are different salary is also different. The person in the merchant navy get higher salary. We like to tell you that here you will see 3 types of job category:
- Logistics & Support.
We like to tell you that serving in the Merchant Navy is not easy. One must have enough strength physically and mentally that they can spend months on a ship. Today we are here providing you the information regarding to the Syllabus of the Merchant Navy.
To give the exam you need to know the exam pattern. So, that you can prepare for the exam well. Check the pattern of the exam below:
- The test will be based on both the languages (Hindi & English) all the question will be objective type.
- There will be total 50 questions in the examination, each carrying 01 mark.
- The question paper will be divided in 2 parts i.e. Science & Mathematics and General Knowledge
- The question paper will be based on the standard of 10th and the syllabus & sample paper for the examination.
- The total duration of examination is 30 minutes.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
- There is a negative marking n the exam and the candidates must know the rules for this exams for every wrong answer ¼ marks will be deducted.
Check the syllabus for the Merchant Navy below:
- Parts of Speech
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Meaning of words/phrases
- Phrasal verbs
- Critical Reasoning
- Word Groups
- Structural Analysis
- Syllogism (Logic Syllogism (Logic based questions)
- Fill in / Completion of series based on Pattern / Logic, Data Sufficiency
- Data Interpretation
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Odd Man Out
- Boat & Streams
- Numerical Computation
- Numerical Estimation
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance
- Height & Distance
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Analytical Reasoning
- Logic Reasoning
- Fault Diagnosis
- Abstract Reasoning
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Mixture & Allegation
- Numerical Reasoning
- Nature of Matter,
- Universe (Planets/ Earth/ Satellites/ Sun)
- Electricity and its applications.
- Force and Gravitation
- Newton’s Laws Of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Heat, Temperature, metals and Non- Metals,
- Carbon and its Compounds
- Measurements in Science
- Sound & Wave Motion
- Mathematical Simplification
- Ratio and Proportion
- Algebraic Identities
- Linear Equations and Polynomials
- Simultaneous Equations
- Basic Trigonometry
- Simple Mensuration
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Loss and Percentage
- Work, Time, Speed and Distance
- Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland, Harbors.
- Culture and Religion, Freedom Movement, Important National Facts about India, Heritage, Arts and Dance.
- History, Defense, Wars and Neighbors, Awards and Authors, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition.
- Current Affairs, Languages, Capitals and Currencies, Common Names, Full Forms and Abbreviations.
- Eminent Personalities, National : Bird/Animal/Sport/Flower/Anthem/ Song/Flag/Monuments.
- Sports : Championships / Winners/ Terms/ Number of Players.
Hope that the information shared here is very useful for you. If you find this information useful than share it on the social media profile. And for further queries comment in the comment box.