Merchant Navy Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit, Qualification: Guys, today we are here providing you the eligibility criteria and the other various information for the various post in Merchant navy. Earlier you all received the information about the recruitment in this particular job. In today’s time Merchant Navy is one of the most lucrative job and there are various courses on which this job is department and each post required different eligibility criteria. Merchant Navy is responsible for providing and transportation of goods from one place to another and the job deals with travelling from one place to another in long sea vessel for months. Here, in this article we are providing information about the eligibility criteria of the various post which are vacant in the department. We will also provide you the syllabus of the exam in the later articles. Check the article below about the eligibility criteria of the job.
Before you apply for any of the exam you must know the certain various things before. Check the eligibility criteria for every post below. There are various job in the department and every job require certain different specification but most of them are same. We are here providing you the qualification of the different group in the article below.
There are various post in the Merchant Navy and you can also join this at various post. You can also join join Navy after your 12th too.
- Deck Officer: You need to have a 3 years course as B.Sc in Nautical Science and Diploma in Nautical Science, which leads to a B.Sc Nautical Science Duration is 1 year.
- Engineer: BE/ B.Tech marine Engineering (4 Years)/ GME Course.
- Catering Department: Maritime Catering Course and B.Sc in Maritime Catering.
- GP rating: 10th Passed certificate with 40% average marks in English, Maths and Science.
- Electro-Technical Officer: Passed 10+2 with minimum 50% in PCM or Graduate in B.E. /B.Tech or Diploma (Electrical & Electronics or any other branch relating to it) but they need to have 50% marks in it.
- Deck Officer: The age limit Minimum is 17.5 Years and Maximum 25 years.
- Engineer: The candidates needs to be of 28 years of age when he is commencing the course.
- Catering Department: The age limit Minimum is 17.5 Years and Maximum 25 years.
- GP Rating: The age limit Minimum is 17.5 Years and Maximum 25 years.
- Electro Technical Officer: The candidates should not be more than 35 years of age.
Admission Process | Selection Process
- Admission through Entrance Exam and Merit: There are various exam which can provide you merit for the Merchant Navy. They are:
-> IMU CET
-> JEE Advanced
-> MERI Entrance Exam
- Sponsorship Based Entry: Entry is possible if you apply to either of the popular maritime institutes for maritime programmed or apply for sponsorship at the institutes started by shipping companies. The sponsorship to go on ship will be provided to you by the company through which you apply.
- Lateral Entry into 2nd year of Marine Engineering: You can have Direct admission in second year approved by the Directorate General Of Shipping but you should complete the first year of Engineering from Electrical or Mechanical Branch.
You need to follow the certain steps to apply for the job:
- At first you need to log in to the official website of the department.
- Search for the link to apply online and click on it, you will get application form.
- Carefully fill all the asked information.
- Once you fill the form you are registered now you need to submit the fees. The fees can only be submitted online.
- You can also join through various courses and companies like Shipping or Ship Management Company, Training Management Company an many other.
Hope that the information shared here is very useful for you. If you find this information useful than share it on the social media profile. And for further queries comment in the comment box.