IPS Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit, Qualification: Guys, every year thousands of candidates from across the country apply for the exam of Indian Police Service but among them, only a few candidates are able to clear the exam at once.
This exam requires a lot of knowledge as it is the only way to know the eligibility of the candidates. We are here providing you with the information related to the eligibility criteria for the various post which are vacant.
The Indian Police Service is a central government department and there are two other wings also they are Indian Forest Service and Indian Administrative Service now there is another category which is Indian Engineering Service. Check the syllabus for the exam in the article given below.
IPS Officer Eligibility Criteria & Age Limit
You must know the certain various things like ips eligibility criteria and how to apply for it. There is a various job in the department and every job requires certain different specification but most of them are same. We are here providing you with the qualification of the different group in the article below.
IPS Officer Physical Criteria
|Men||165||55Kg||84 CM||H= 160Cm|
The myopia should not exceed minus 4.00D
The Hyperopia should not exceed plus 4.00D
- Spectacles are permitted.
- Corrected vision for a better eye should be 6/6 or 6/9 (Distant)
- Uncorrected vision for a wetter eye should be 6/12 or 6/9 (Distant)
- Near vision should be J1 and J2
- High-grade colour vision is required.
- A person should be a citizen of India.
- A person who is from Nepal Bhutan can also apply.
- Person who s a Tibetan refugee who settled in India before 1st January 1962 can also apply.
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries and have the intention of settling completely in India can also apply.
IPS Officer Education Qualification
- A person must have a Bachelor Degree from any of the university which is affiliated according to the Act of the Central State Legislature in India. Or any other declared to be deemed as a University or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Those who are in their final year of graduation and are waiting for the result they can also apply.
Must See: Salary for IPS Officer
IPS Officer Age Limit
There isa age limit set for the candidates
Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 21 years.
Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 32 years and this age should be attained by 1st August.
Note: There is the relaxation for the age for different age;
- For SC and ST candidates is up to maximum 5 years.
- For OBC candidates the relaxation is up to 3 years.
- If a candidate is from Defence Service Personel the relaxation is 5 years.
- If a candidate is a Commissioned officer and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years 5 Military Service and have been released their relaxation is 5 years.
- In a case if a candidate is Blind, Deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped for them relaxation is 10 years.
Number Of Attempts
There are number of attempts set for each candidates according to the category. The attempts are given below:
- General: 6 Attempts
- OBC: 9 Attempts
- SC/ST: As many up to the age limit
- Physically Disabled: If General then 9, If OBC then 9, If SC/ST then up to age limit
Exam Pattern for IPS Officer Exam
- Procedure for the exam is divided into 3 parts; Preliminary, Main Exam and Interview.
- The preliminary exam is divided into 2 parts and both the exam is of 200 marks.
- The exam will be available in both the language Hindi and English.
- The only exam related to English and Indian language will be available in one language.
- Blind candidates will get 20 extra minutes.
- Candidates are called in the Main exam after the pre-exam. The candidates are selected for the Interview on the basis of the main exam.
- The final result is produced on the sum of marks in Main exam and Interview.
Hope that you like the information shared here if you have any queries relating to the article then please comment in the comment box.