IPS Officer Exam – Ranks & List In India: Guys, IPS is one of the third parts of the Indian Civil Services. This office mainly deals with countries internal Affairs. IPS stands for the Indian Police Service and is the policing arm of the All India Services.
These three wings work along with IAS & IFS for the betterment of the country. IPS is not a force like BSF, CRPF or CISF but it provides leaders and commanders to the staff of state police. All the officers provided by this department are the senior officer of the police.
The officers of IPS can be employed by both the Union Government and the individual States. These type of job provides both money and reputation and brings lots and lots of responsibilities with them. These posts require so much hard work.
These posts are IAS (Indian Administration Services), IPS (Indian Police Service) and IES (Indian Engineering Services). Every year the recruitment notification is released twice for these jobs. Every year thousands of student across the country apply for the post but only a few are able to join this. Today we are here providing you with the information related to these post.
Different IPS Officers Ranks in India
There are many posts in the department for which this department is responsible for providing eligible recruit. In the below table we are providing you with the ranks in IPS in Descending order and there salary and Grade Pay. Check the table below:
|LEVEL||PAY SCALE||GRADE PAY|
|Director General of Police or Commissioner of Police||Rs. 80,000||—|
|Additional Director General of Police||Rs. 37,400 to Rs. 67,000||Rs. 12,000|
|Inspector General of Police||Rs. 37,400 to Rs. 67,000||Rs. 10,000|
|Deputy Inspector General of Police||Rs. 37400 to Rs. 67000||Rs. 8,900|
|Senior Superintendent of Police||Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,100||Rs. 8,700|
|Superintendent of Police||Rs. 39,000||Rs. 7,600|
|Additional Superintendent of Police||Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,000||Rs. 6,600|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police||Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,000||Rs.5400|
Eligibility Criteria of IPS Officer
To apply for the post a candidate must clear the eligibility criteria as given below:
- He/She should not be less than 21 years and not more than 32 years of age.
- He should be physically and mentally fit. He must not possess any chronic disease and his Myopia should not exceed minus 4.00D and hyper myopia should not exceed plus 4.00D
- In education qualification, he must have a graduation degree in any disciple and if he is in the final year of his graduation then also he can apply.
- There is much information for which you need to read the notification before applying for the job.
Exam Pattern for IPS Officer
To score the better marks you must be aware of the exam pattern as from this you will have the idea that how many exams you need to clear and how are the marks divided:
- Procedure for the exam is divided into 3 parts; Preliminary, Main Exam and Interview.
- Preliminary exam is divided into 2 parts and both the exam is of 200 marks.
- The exam will be available in both the language Hindi and English.
- The only exam related to English and Indian language will be available in one language.
- Blind candidates will get 20 extra minutes.
- Candidates are called in the Main exam after the pre-exam. The candidates are selected for the Interview on the basis of the main exam.
- The final result is produced on the sum of marks in Main exam and Interview.