IIT Professor Salary, Payslip, Pay Scale 2019-20 After 7th Pay Commission: Guys, as you all know that IIT is a very recognized University of the country and across the nation there are only 5 to six branches of this university. This university provides very promising student to the various various business firms outside or inside of the country. Every year thousands to Lakhs of student apply for this university but as the entry is confirmed through entrance exam so many student try their luck and those who gets selected they are ready to lern engineering and rest try their luck next year or try different university. But, what makes this university great, the main thing behind the greatness of this university is their faculty. IIT have one of the finest faculty of teachers. These teachers or professors are so well groomed in their field that they are mature enough to tackle any problem faced by student and how they can tackle it easily. We are today here providing you the information regarding to the salary and the pay scale of a teacher working in the IIT (Indian Institute Of Technology).
IIT Professor Salary, Payslip, Pay Scale 2019-20 After 7th Pay Commission
The salary of a professor is not fixed as their are many post of professor and some are kept on the contract basis. So, the salary of the candidate can get differ from each other. Check the Salary Chart below:
IIT Professor / Teacher Salaries Chart, Pay Scale per Month
|Post and pay Band||Salary|
|Professor (PB 4)||Rs. 48,000|
|Assistant Professor (PB 4)||Rs. 42,800|
|Assistant Professor (PB 3)||Rs. 30,000|
|Assistant Professor on Contract(PB 3)||Rs. 20,140|
|Registrar||Rs. 37,400 to Rs. 67,000|
|Deputy Librarian||Rs. 37,400 to Rs. 67,000|
|Private Secretary||Rs. 9,300 to Rs. 34,800|
|Jr. Engineer||Rs. 9,300 to Rs. 34,800|
|Jr Architect||Rs. 9,300 to Rs. 34,800|
Offline File for IIT Teachers Salaries Structure : Download
So, as you can see that the salary of the professor varies as the post changes. This is the basic salary without any addition of the grade pay or any other incentives. Below in the article there are various incentives if the IIT Professor.
Incentives and allowances for IIT Professor
- A.: Dearness Allowance is based on the 7% of the salary. It is the monthly allowance which is included in the salary. The D.A. of the candidates varies with the inflation or deflation in the market.
- Housing Rent Allowance: This allowance is given t the employees who are serving and living in their own houses but those who are living in govt. quarters they are resisted from this.
- Grade Pay: The Grade Pay is the amount which is given to the government employee which is received after the basic pay & it depends on the class of the employee. Along with the class the Grade Pay is also affected by the market rate just like D.A.
- Miscellaneous Allowances: It is given at the 40% of the salary which includes phone , shift , travel allowances etc.
Qualification Required for IIT Processor
The person who is applying for the various post should posses good communication skills along with the good education qualification. Below there is education qualification along with various other important details
- Te person who is applying for the job of professor must have a P.hd degree in respective subject with first class. If you have any degree like M.A. Education with 55% marks and B.Ed or masters degree in Arts than also you can apply for the exam.
- If you are applying for the post of an Assistant Professor than you must have at least 6 years Industrial Research or 3 years experience in teaching. It is desirable that the candidate has guided at least one PhD, and demonstrated ability to carry out quality research and teaching. The person who is having P.G. degree in Science, Commerce and Arts he or she can also apply for the exam but they should have minimum marks of 55%.
Age Limit for IIT Teacher
The age limit for both the post varies:
Professor : If you are applying for the post of Professor than you must have the minimum age limit of 45 years. And he should have 12 years of experience in teaching.
Assistant Professor: The post of an Assistant Professor required the minimum age of 38 years
Hope that the information shared here is very useful for you. If you find this information useful than share it on the social media profile. And for further queries comment in the comment box.