IFS Syllabus PDF – Download Exam Pattern 2019-20: Guys, after all the exam today we are here providing you the syllabus of the Indian Forest Services. This is the another field of civil services where a candidate need to have a knowledge of geology and other stuff. As this exam require lot of handwork but few are unsuccessful as they don’t know the syllabus. We are here providing you the direct link to download or to check the syllabus for the various post which are vacant. The syllabus is different for each post only the starting phase of the exam is same. IFS was constituted in the year 1966 under the All India Services Act, 1951, by the Government of India. The main mandate of the service is the implementation of the National Forest Policy in order to ensure the ecological stability of the country through the protection and participatory sustainable management of natural resources. Check the syllabus for the exam in the article given below.
IFS Officers Exam Syllabus 2019-2020
The exam for the IFS is divided in two parts Preliminary and Main exam. We will provide you the syllabus for every exam. Check the syllabus for both the exam below. We like to tell you that the Pre exam is objectives and Main exam is Subjective.
IFS Prelims Syllabus For Paper 1
- Current Event of National and International importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian polity and
- Economic and Social Development.
- General Science.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change.
- Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills.
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving.
- General Mental Ability.
- Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation.
- Essay and passages to write the summary
- The standard level of papers in General English and General Knowledge are for a Science or Engineering graduate of an Indian University.
- Other questions are to test the general understanding of English and everyday use of words
Some of the Optional Subject are:
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
UPSC IFS Main Exam Syllabus 2019
- Candidates will be required to write an essay in English.
- Other questions will be designed to test their understanding of the workmanlike use of words.
- Passages will usually be set for summary or precise.
- General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
- The paper will also include questions on Indian Polity including the political system and the Constitution of India, History of India and Geography of nature which the candidate should be able to answer without special study.
Other Subjective Subject
Paper 1 Section A
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Aerial Photography and Remote Sensing.
Paper 1 Section B
- Irrigation and Drainage
- Agricultural Structures.
Paper 2 Section A
- Farm Power and Machinery
Paper 2 Section B
- Agricultural Process Engineering
- Instrumentation and computer applications in Agricultural Engineering
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
IFS Exam Pattern PDF 2019-20 – Paper 1
- Trends in protein nutrition
- Minerals in animal diet
- Vitamins, Hormones and Growth Stimulating, substances
- Advances in Ruminant Nutrition-Dairy Cattle
- The Advances in Non-Ruminant Nutrition-Poultry
- Advances in Non-Ruminant Nutrition
- The Advances in Applied Animal Nutrition
- Growth and Animal Production
- Milk Production and Reproduction and Digestion
- Environmental Physiology
- Semen quality.
Livestock Production and Management
- Commercial Dairy Farming
- Commercial meat, egg and wool production
- Feeding and management of animals.
Genetics and Animal Breeding
- Population Genetics Applied to Animal Breeding
- Breeding Systems.
IFS Exam Pattern PDF 2019-20 – Paper 2
Health and Hygiene
- Histology and Histological Techniques
- Bovine Anatomy-Regional Anatomy
- Anatomy of Fowl
- Physiology of blood and its circulation, respiration; excretion, Endocrine glands in health and disease
- Blood constituents
- Endocrine glands
- General knowledge of pharmacology and therapeutics of drugs
- Veterinary Hygiene with reference to water, air, and habitation.
- Veterinary Public Health
- Milk and Milk Products Technology
- Milk Technology
- Veterinary Jurisprudence
- Milk Products Technology.
Meat Hygiene and Technology
- Meat Hygiene
- Poultry Products Technology
- Meat Technology
- Rabbit/Fur Animal farming
- Microbiology and Plant Pathology
- Phanerogams: Gymnosperms
- Plant Utility and Exploitation
- Cell Biology
- Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Evolution
- Plant Breeding, Biotechnology, and Bio-statistics
- Physiology and Biochemistry
- Ecology and Plant Geography.
Paper – I:
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding
- Solid State
- The gaseous state
- Thermodynamics and statistical thermodynamics
- Phase Equilibria and solutions
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface phenomena and catalysis
- Bio-inorganic chemistry
- Coordination chemistry
- General chemistry of ‘f’ block elements
- Non-Aqueous Solvents
- Delocalized covalent bonding
- Reaction mechanisms
- Reactive Intermediates
- Substitution reactions
- Elimination reactions
- Addition reactions
- Pericyclic reactions
- Chemistry and mechanism of reactions
- Polymeric Systems
- Synthetic uses of reagents
- Principles of spectroscopy and applications in structure elucidation
- Fluid and Particle Dynamics
- Mass Transfer
- Heat Transfer
- Noval Separation Processes
- Process Equipment Design
- Process Dynamics and Control.
Hope that the information shared here is very useful for you. If you find this information useful than share it on the social media profile. And for further queries comment in the comment box.