IFS Officer Exam – Ranks & List In India: The IFS or Indian Forest Service is one of the civil services of the country. The exams for these are offered by the UPSC. The people those who are appearing or applying the for the job need to get graduation degree in geology. All the officers provided by this department are the gazette officers. The officers are appointed in IFS are employed by both the Union Government and the individual States. These type of job provides both money and reputation and brings lots and lots of responsibilities with them. The person who works in this wings need to know the detail information about his works. As, they do not need to administrate or to maintain law and order. These post need to make laws for the Jungle, they are made to provide security for the animals. Stop animal poaching and the smuggling of woods. All these duties are performed by the IFS Officer. There are other various department of Civil Services which are IAS (Indian Administration Services), IPS (Indian Police Service) and IES (Indian Engineering Services). Every year the recruitment notification is released twice for these jobs. Every year thousand of student across the country apply for the post but only few are able to join this. Today we are here providing you the information related to these post.
Rank wise Officers in IFS
|Junior Time Scale||Under Secretary|
|Senior Time Scale||Under Secretary|
|Junior Administrative Scale||Deputy Secretary|
|Selection Grade||Counselor Director|
|Senior Administrative Scale||Joint Secretary|
|High Commissioner / Ambassador||Foreign Secretary|
Exam Pattern for IFS Officers
- The exam is divided in three parts. The first exam is Preliminary, the second exam is Main exam and the third part is Interview.
- The preliminary exam is of 200 marks and the main exam is of 300 marks.
- The pre exam will be bilingual i.e. it will be available in both the languages Hindi and English. The main exam will also be bilingual only the language exam you choose will be in one language.
- The Preliminary exam will be objective type and the Main exam is subjective.
- The total duration for the exam is 2 hours and the candidates those who are blind will be given 20 minutes extra.
- The paper of General Knowledge which is paper 2 is qualifying in nature and the minimum qualifying marks are 33%.
- Those who will clear for Preliminary exam are called for main exam and when they will clear Main exam they will be called for Interview.
- The final result will be based on Main Exam and Interview.
Eligibility Criteria For IFS Officers
To apply a person should know about the rules regarding to the nationality if he is not from India:
- A person should be a citizen of India.
- A person who is from Nepal Bhutan can also apply.
- A person who s a Tibetan refugee who settled in India before 1st January, 1962 can also apply.
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries and have intention of settling completely in India can also apply.