IES Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit, Education Qualification: Guys, we already provided you the syllabus for the Indian Engineering Services. Now, we are here providing you the eligibility criteria for the exam. There is certain criteria set for the candidates which they need to fulfill in order complete their registration and apply for the exam. This is amongst the most recognized job in the country and just like other civil services exam the criteria for this exam is also same. This posts require so much of hard work. Every year many applicants apply for the entrance exam. And it is very difficult to crack these exam and many fails to crack at once. Today we are here providing you the information related to eligible criteria for this exam.
IES Eligibility Criteria for Officers
We are here providing you the qualification of the different group in the article below. There are certain things which you must know before you apply for the exam. There are various job in the department and every job require certain different specification but most of them are same
IES Education Qualification for Officers
To apply for the post you need to have certain education qualification as it is mentioned below:
- A candidates must have a degree in Engineering from a recognized institute with the minimum percentage required.
- He must have cleared section A and B from the Institutions of engineers (India).
- He should obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such Foreign University/ College/ Institution and the certificate is valued as equivalent to the degree received in India.
- He must passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India).
- Also he can have Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India.
- A candidate should pass Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959.
Age Limit for IES Officer
There are many post of different disciple and the age limit can be different and there is relaxation is also different. Check the detailed description about the age limit in the article given below. There are various relaxation in the age according to the various categories as set by the guidelines by the government.
- The minimum age qualification required for the IES exam is 21 years that is after the graduation or maximum is 30 Years.
- The candidate must not be born earlier Jan 02, 1988 and Jan 01 1997.
- Those who are in the government organization will be given 5 years relaxation in age.
- As per UPSC, any government official applying for IES/ ESE will get the age relaxation even if he/she is already working on a post which is considered of a higher officer cadre.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates will also receive an age relaxation of 5 years on the upper age limit.
- The ex-servicemen candidates will also receive an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Physically disabled candidates will also get an age relaxation of 3 years.
To apply a person should know about the rules regarding to the nationality if he is not from India:
- A person should be a citizen of India.
- A person who is from Nepal Bhutan can also apply.
- A person who s a Tibetan refugee who settled in India before 1st January, 1962 can also apply.
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries and have intention of settling completely in India can also apply.
IES Medical Examination
- All candidates applied for the IES need to have a medical examination.
- Candidates need to go through the series of physical fitness test.
- The medical examination defined by UPSC will be conducted at the various Railway hospitals.
- Candidates who are found unfit will be disqualified from the further procedure.
Exam Pattern for IES Officer
- Procedure for the exam is divided in 3 parts; Preliminary, Main Exam and Interview.
- The preliminary exam is divided in 2 parts and both the exam is of 200 marks.
- The exam will be available in both the language Hindi and English.
- Only exam related to English and Indian language will be available in one language.
- Blind candidates will get 20 extra minutes.
- Candidates are called in Main exam after the pre-exam. The candidates are selected for the Interview on the basis of main exam.
- The final result is produced on the sum of marks in Main exam and Interview.
Hope that you like the information shared here if you have any queries relating to the article than please comment in the comment box.