IAS Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit, Education Qualification: Guys, today we are here providing you with the information on the eligibility criteria for the entrance exam and the job for the Indian Administration Department.
This is the most recognized job in the country which brings both money and reputation and lots and lots of responsibilities with them. The administrative department is one of the most important jobs in the country and there are two other wings in the department, they are IPS (Indian Police Service) and IES (Indian Engineering Services).
These posts require so much hard work. Every year many applicants apply for the entrance exam. And it is very difficult to crack these exams and many fail to crack at once. Today we are here providing you with the information related to the eligibility criteria for this exam.
Eligibility Criteria for IAS Officer
You must know certain various things like eligibility criteria and how to apply for them. There is a various job in the department and every job requires certain different specification but most of them are same. We are here providing you with the qualification of the different group in the article below.
Education Qualification for IAS Officer
- A person must have a Bachelor Degree from any of the university which is affiliated according to the Act of the Central State Legislature in India. Or any other declared to be deemed as a University or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Those who are in their final year of graduation and are waiting for the result can also apply.
- All such candidates who qualify for the prelims exam must produce proof of Pass Bachelor course and this degree has to be attached with their application.
- Candidates with professional and technical bachelor’s degrees that are recognised by the Government are also eligible to apply example MBBS, BE etc.
- Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination.
Age Limit for IAS Officers
As it is the government job and the age is divided into various categories and there are 4 categories so the age criteria are different. There is various relaxation in the age according to the various categories as set by the guidelines by the government. Check the related information in the table below
|Indian Administrative Service Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit, Education Qualification|
|Category||Maximum Age||Minimum Age||No. Of Attempt|
|General||21 Years||32 Years||06|
|OBC||21 Years||35 Years||09|
|SC/ST||21 Years||37 Years||Till Age Limit|
|Disabled||21 Years||42 Years||Till Age Limit|
As you can see that the age criteria are different and the minimum age is the same for everyone it is 21 years and relaxation is also different. It is a maximum of 5 years for the Scheduled Caste (SC) or a Scheduled Tribe (ST). Up to 3 years for the candidates belonging to the Other Backward Classes (OBC).
No. Of Attempts
There are a number of attempts set for each candidate according to the category. The attempts are given below:
- General: 6 Attempts
- OBC: 9 Attempts
- SC/ST: As many up to the age limit
- Physically Disabled: If General then 9, If OBC then 9, If SC/ST then up to age limit
To apply a person should know about the rules regarding nationality if he is not from India:
- A person should be a citizen of India.
- A person who is from Nepal Bhutan can also apply.
- The person who s a Tibetan refugee who settled in India before 1st January 1962 can also apply.
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries and have the intention of settling completely in India can also apply.
How to apply for the IAS Officer?
If you are applying for the IAS, IFS and IPS then you need to log on to the UPSC website as all these exams are conducted by Union Public Service Commission. If you are applying then you need to follow the following step:
- First, you need to keep in touch with the website. So, that you can know when is the online application are issued.
- Visit the official website of the department. Search for the link of other online application
- After that, you need to login into the website.
- Choose the appropriate application.
- Once you click the link a dialogue box is open in a new tab.
- Fill in all the necessary details which are asked.
- Now you fill in all the steps of registering yourself.
- You need to submit the fees now.
- The fees can only be submitted online only.
- Once you submitted the fees you need to download the application registration.
- Now, wait for the admit card.
Hope that you like the information shared here if you have any queries relating to the article then please comment in the comment box.