Indian Postal Service GDS Syllabus PDF – Exam Pattern Download: Guys, the Indian Post Office is the biggest job provider of the Indian government. Very year this department issues a recruitment notification for the various post in the department.
We are here providing you with the direct link to know what exactly is coming in the exam. There is only one exam conducted for the posts available. There are only a few candidates who successfully able to crack the jobs.
The syllabus is always the same, in the link below we are providing you with all the various information regarding the job. The syllabus we are providing you is of the Indian Postal service GDS i.e. (Gram Dak Sevak). Check the article below for the syllabus of the exam and further details.
Exam Pattern for Gramin Dak Sevak
- The exam pattern is the same as another government exam. Besides the 3 exams, there will be only 1 exam.
- The exam will be preliminary exam will be divided into 4 parts General Awareness/ Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English Language or any regional language (Depending on the region you choose).
- The duration of the exam will be of 2 hours.
- The total marks of the exam are 100 marks.
- Each section will be having 25 question and 1 marks each and there is a negative marking in the exam for every wrong answer 0.25 marks are deducted.
- After this exam, those who will pass will be called for an interview.
Check the table below for the exam pattern:
|Subject||No. Of Question||Marks|
|G.K. Reasoning and Analytical Ability||25||25|
|Hindi or Regional Language||25||25|
See More: Gramin Dak Sevak Education Qualification
Gramin Dak Sevak | GDS Syllabus
The syllabus is given below and it contains very few changes which are made in the past years. Check the syllabus below for the exam:
- Indian Culture & Heritage
- Science & Technology
- Indian Economy
- Indian Polity
- History – India, General Science
- Indian Geography
- Indian Constitution
- Current Affairs – National & International etc.
- Similarities And Differences
- Space Visualization
- Spatial Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Visual Memory
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning And Figural Classification
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Coding And Decoding
- Syllogistic Reasoning Etc
- Number Systems
- Decimals and Percentages
- Ratio and proportion
- Averages, Interest
- Profit & Loss
- Algebraic expressions
- Square & Cube Root
- Time & Distance &Work.
- Plane figures
- Area of Plane Figures
- Surface Area and Volume
- One word substitutions.
- Sentence Rearrangement.
- Sentence structure.
- Shuffling of sentence parts.
- Error Correction.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Unseen Passages.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Subject-Verb Agreement etc.
The above-mentioned syllabus is the compulsory section that will definitely appear in the exam but below is the syllabus of the regional languages. The above exams will be available in English also but the subject mention below will be available in one language.
See More: Gramin Dak Sevak Salary Slip
- Common Vocabulary.
- Use of Idioms & Phrases and their meaning.
- Sentence Formation.
- Comprehension of passage Etc
- Mishra Sanyukta Vakya
- Vakya Rupantara
- Swara Sandhi
- Rudhi Lokakatha
- Ashuddha Vakya Suddharupa
- Padhinathiba Gandyansha
Selection Procedure for GDS Indian Postal Service
- The selection will be made as per the automatically generated merit list which is made on the candidates online submitted application.
- Only marks obtained in the 10th standard from the recognized board to the accuracy of 2 decimal point will be allowed for finalizing the selection.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, UR male.
This department www.appost.in issues the job variety in bulk that means in a huge amount of numbers. So, to crack the job you need to have a great knowledge of the syllabus. If you know what is coming in the exam you can prepare well for the exam. You need to get more than 50% marks to get clear the exam and appear in its next step.
Hope that the information shared here is very useful for you. If you find this information useful then share it on the social media profile. And for further queries comment in the comment box.