FCI Syllabus PDF 2019-20 – Exam Pattern Download: Guys, for all the recent vacancies in the Food Corporation India we are here providing you the syllabus for their written exam. There are various fields in the department like technical, financial and any more where the vacancies arises. We are here providing you the direct link to download or to check the syllabus for the various post which are vacant. The Food Corporation is a government department of the country whose main aim is to provide the adequate food supply across the country. The syllabus is different for each post only the starting phase of the exam is same. Check the syllabus for the exam in the article given below.
FCI Exam Pattern 2019 PDF
The FCI exam is divided in Three Steps:
This is the first step of the recruitment and the candidates those who are qualified to appear in the exam can apply. Once you clear the Preliminary phase you are invited to appear in the Main exam. The duration of the exam is 60 minutes. In the table below you can check the division of exam and the marks each section contains:
As you can see that the exam is divided in three parts and you will be getting 60 min (viz. 20 min for each)
The candidates those who cleared the Preliminary exam are allowed to appear in the Main exam. And only those candidates are invited whose name is on the Merit List or those whoo get marks above the Cut Off Marks. There will be one exam of the Main which wil be divided in 5 section and the whole paper will be of 120 marks.
|Reasoning/ General Intelligence||30||30|
|General Awareness/ Current Events||30||30|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||20||20|
As you can see that the exam is divided in 5 section and each section contains specific marks.
The interview is conducted when the candidates are scrutinized on the basis of their education and in Interview they will be selected on the basis of their personal addressing and knowledge.
Syllabus For FCI Preliminary Exam
- Cloze Test,
- Fill in the Blanks,
- Spotting the Error,
- Para jumbles,
- Reading Comprehension,
- Match the following words and Phrases
- Prefix and Suffix
- Alphanumeric Series,
- Blood Relations,
- Coding Decoding,
- Direction Sense,
- Alphabet Test,
- Seating Arrangement,
- Data Interpretation,
- Number Systems,
- Profit & Loss,
- Ratio & Proportion,
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest,
- Time & Distance,
- Work & Time
FCI Exam Syllabus 2019-20 PDF Download
FCI Mains Exam Syllabus
As in the main exam you will get the subject related to the post you applied. So, the questions will be different. Check the syllabus according to the different post below;
Junior Engineer (Civil)
- Building Materials: Physical and Chemical properties building stones, cement (Portland), Asbestos products, Timber and Wood based Products, laminates, bituminous materials, paints, varnishes etc.
- Surveying: Principles of surveying, plane table surveying, theodolite, leveling and contouring, curvature, permanent adjustment of dumpy level.
- Soil Mechanics: void ratio, porosity, saturation, water content, specific gravity of soil grains and unit weights, grain size, Atterberg’s limits, soil classification, plasticity chart, permeability, consolidation of soils.
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation: Estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork, Brick , RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles etc.
- Transportation Engineering: Types of pavements, pavement materials – aggregates and bitumen, Design of flexible and rigid pavements, bituminous construction, rigid pavement joint, pavement maintenance, Railway Engineering.
- Concrete Technology: Latest technology and uses of concrete, water cement ratio, work ability, mix design, placement, compaction, finishing and curing of concrete, quality control of concrete, repair and maintenance of concrete structure etc.
- RCC Designs: RCC flexural strength, shear strength, bond strength, design of single reinforced beams, retaining walls, water tanks (RCC design questions may be based on both Limit State method and Working Stress method).
- Steel Design: Steel design and construction of steel columns, beams, roof trusses, plate girders.
Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Basic concepts, Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units
- Circuit law, AC Fundamentals
- Measurement and measuring instruments
- Electrical Machines, Synchronous Machines,
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design,
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials,
- Thermal Engineering, Air standard Cycles for IC engines,
Assistant Grade III (Accountant)
- Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts.
- Taxation including Income Tax and Goods and Services Tax.
- Auditing: – (a) Auditing concepts and methods, (b) Internal & External audit of companies.
- Commercial Laws:- (Basic Knowledge) Contract Act, Company Act, Sales of Goods Act, Negotiable Instrument Act
- Basic of Computers
Assistant Grade III (Technical)
- Agriculture:- Statics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Elementary entomology, Plant Protection, Agricultural Economics.
- Botany:- Cell Biology :Tissue , Organ & Organ System, Genetics, Plant Classification, Diversity, Ecology, Life Process: Photosynthesis, Respiration, Circulation, Movement etc, Basics of Biochemistry.
- Zoology:- Animal Cell & Tissue, Organ System, Heredity & Variation, Animal Classification, Micro Organism, Insects & Rodents.
- Chemistry:- Chemical bonding, Organic Chemistry : Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and acids, Inorganic Chemistry , Chemistry in daily life.
- Physics:- Measurements, Basic Physics, Light, Electricity.
Hope that the information shared here is very useful for you. If you find this information useful than share it on the social media profile. And for further queries comment in the comment box.